I recently received the twelve newly launched essential oils from Nykaa, and after using the products for two weeks I am happy to review them. First things first, the essential oils are made from natural ingredients and sourced from around the world. As Nykaa claims, the essential oils takes you on a tranquil and sensory journey to enhance one’s beauty regime, helps to relax, rejuvenate and re – energise. I couldn’t agree more!
Out of the twelve essential oils, here are my top 5 favorites and how to use them : –
Geranium : The Natural Toner!
Religiously used by ancient Egyptians, Geranium oil is best known for boosting skin radiance, skin- regeneration, renewal and anti – ageing.
How to use :- 1. Get rid of your wrinkles by adding two drops to your face lotion and use it twice a day.
2. Mix five drops with 1 tsp coconut oil to use as a skin enhancer.
3. Create a soothing environment by adding 3 to 4 drops in a diffuser to drive away anxiety, depression and fatigue. It also prevents nose and throat infections.
Bergamot : The Confidence Booster!
The oil can be used as a natural skin cleanser to unclog pores, used as a toner and to add lustre to your hair.
How to use : – 1. Reduce acne scars by adding 5 drops on a cotton ball and apply on affected area.
2. For hair growth, mix castor and coconut oil in equal quantity and add few drops of the oil.
3. To feel refreshed and relaxed, add 3 to 4 drops in a diffuser.
Frankincense : The spiritual Oil!
Used as a holy oil for religiously ceremonies across the world, the oil is useful for reducing scars, clear skin, anti – ageing and chronic stress.
How to use : – 1. For anti – ageing, mix 6 drops of oil with 30ml carrier oil.
2. To get instant relief from flu and cold, put few drops in a cloth and inhale.
3. Add 3 to 4 drops of oil in a diffuser to neutralize indoor pollution.
Patchouli : The Scent of Sixties!
Like a fine wine, Patchouli oil becomes better with time. It is extremely helpful in treating skin ailments, dandruff and reduces hair loss.
How to use :- 1. To strengthen hair, add 5 drops to your hair oil and massage or add it to your hair conditioner.
2. For anti -ageing effects, add 5 drops to your face wash/lotion.
3. Drive away anxiety and depression, by adding 3 to 4 drops in a diffuser.
Rose : Queen of Essential Oils!
As the name suggests, the oil helps in achieving young, healthy and moisturized skin. The delicate aroma of the oil is used for relieving anxiety and stress.
How to use : – 1. For glowing skin, add oil to any skin cream/lotion to enhance it’s effect.
2. To treat acne, add 4- 5 drops in 1tsp coconut oil and apply trice a day.
3. To promote positive energy and vitality, add 3-4 drops in a diffuser.
Apart from above, the other essential oils are Orange: The Toxin Remover, Lemon: Liquid Sunshine, Turmeric: Nature’s Wonder drug, Cinnamon: Spicy yet soothing!, Cedarwood: The wise and protective oil!, Eucalyptus: Nature’s powerful medicine and Basil: Medicine of mother nature.
I am absolutely loving them and would totally recommend you all to invest in these oils!
Ratings : 4/5
In case you have tried any of these, do share your views on the same.